FAPAE (Spanish Audiovisual Producers) is a non-profit organisation which brings together almost all of the companies dedicated to the production of film and television in Spain. It is currently made up by approximately 500 production companies which form associations based on their area of expertise, geography or other reasons particular to the audiovisual industry.
FAPAE acts in representation and in defence of the professional and business interests of the audiovisual production sector vis-a-vis all kinds of organisations, public and private bodies, individuals, and most especially the State; it also promotes industry research and development, market studies and analysis, and training activities.
Since it was set up in 1991, FAPAE has earned widespread prestige and recognition based principally on its work negotiating audiovisual legislation with different government departments, thus facilitating the growth and stability of a self–sufficient industry, as well as establishing collective agreements and pacts with other interested parties in the audiovisual world.
FAPAE has an active presence in both national and international institutions:
• ICEX (Instituto Español de Comercio Exterior)
• EGEDA (Entidad de Gestión de los Derechos de los Productores Audiovisuales)
• CEOE (Confederación Española de Organizaciones Empresariales)
• Coalición Española por la Diversidad Cultural
• Audiovisual Aval SGR
• Patronato de la Fundación Media Desk España
• Cluster Audiovisual de la Comunidad de Madrid
• Patronato de Madrid Film Commission
• FIAPF (Federación Internacional de Asociaciones de Productores Cinematográficos)
• FIPCA (Federación Iberoamericana de Productores Cinematográficos y Audiovisuales)
• ARIBSAN (Agencia Iberoamericana del código ISAN)
• CEPI (Coordinadora Europea de Productores Independientes)
• EPAA (Alianza de Asociaciones de Productores Europeos)
• Coalición Internacional por la Diversidad Cultural (Convención UNESCO)